Click here to find out more

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A weekend of Archery

What a great weekend. Pre-making and packing the green smoothies is such a great way to have a nutritious meal before a competition. Adding in the Lean gives the smoothies enough oomph so that even shooting for four hours I don't need a snack like I use to with the regular smoothies.

Saturday - about 160 arrows shot over 7 hours. I started my day with green smoothie and an english muffin (dry). The sponsors of the shoot provided a bbq lunch and had Boca burgers available. I passed on the mayo, brownie & soda and loaded up on the produce for my veggie burger. I wouldn't buy those for home, I am just not crazy about the flavour, but a healthier alternative at least. I think. Then out for a beer and dinner afterwards. I tried the Vegetarian Thai pasta - thick noodles and broccoli in a spicy peanut sauce. It was a little too sweet and not enough spice, but at least I got some more carbs in for another day of shooting.

Sunday - Same breakfast; it seems to work well to satisfy my urge for 'a treat since we're eating out' to get the muffin while not going crazy on fat and salt. Then another morning of shooting - this time head to head matches, getting our ranking in order for the afternoon's olympic round. Today we headed out for lunch and settled on Togos. I had their hummus sandwich, but skipped the may, subbing in avocado, and passed on the bread in favor of a sun dried tomato wrap. I'll have to look that up and see if it's really healthier or not. Then another afternoon of shooting, bring the total to about 150 including practice arrow. And these two days were really fast paced, with not much time for any sitting. We were on our feet either shooting or walking all day both days. I made it to the gold medal match, but came away with silver - which I might add I am not unhappy about at all! For dinner my honey drove through and picked up food from Carl's Jr. while I went to pick up the dog. For me he brought home their bean & cheese burrito, sans cheese plus rice. Once I was home I chopped up a quick salad of romaine & red peppers, cut up the burrito to throw in with some taco sauce and some more avocado. Hmmmm, maybe I'm eating too much fat :) But I'm on my last avocado, so tomorrow should see the end of that for a bit. I do tend to splurge in batches. Not really binging, but buying in bulk and then eating the same thing for a while, then going without for a while. I guess it all balances out.

Mostly this weekend was a little different because even though I had them with me I didn't snack on the nuts and dried blueberries. Well, except for dessert Saturday night - I almost forgot about that. But tonight we didn't pick up any ice cream or anything sweet. We hit the hot tub with a big glass of cold water once the sun had gone down, and I had one sun warmed tomato off my plant in the back yard - that was good enough for me! All in all a great weekend, and I mostly remembered to use all my Core4 products. Speaking of which, blogger now can link the title to a web page, so I will use that to make access to my Core4 site just an easy click away. If you're interested in Cheating and Eating to lose weight and\or inches, that's the place to sign up for free and order!

No comments:

Post a Comment