Click here to find out more

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shorts, salads and soy cream sandwiches

I woke up thinking I must have misread the scale yesterday, but sure enough, 195 was still there when I tip toed onto the metal beast this morning just to make sure I hadn't imagined the whole thing. Whew!

I'm wearing shorts today and I noticed that there is less fat over my knees! This has been a sore point with me; I've always thought I had nice knees but they have been hiding under unsightly bulges of fat for years now. How wonderful to see them returning, it's like regaining another part of the me I loved being. And in another non-scale moment, my office chair no longer squeaks and lowers when I sit down in it! Instead it just...sits there and accepts this new lighter me without protest. How lovely :)

I was up early today for some reason, it wasn't like the sun was shining through my window beckoning to me - more like cloudy and cold and the perfect day to cuddle back under the covers for a while. But I was up and had breakfast early. By 10am I was hungry, but 4 hours is considered by many to be the point at which you begin fasting... This hasn't happened in a while, but determined that I wasn't 'dieting' I let myself eat. A lovely potato nuked in the microwave with some lite sour cream (decadent for me, not usually in the house) and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper and some Cheat. I savored every bite, oh how delicious. Then lunch wasn't until 2pm and dinner at 7 (later than usual) so it all worked out.

An ugly but tasty salad for lunch with extra legumes (sprouted lentils) for added protein. (I have noticed the past two mornings that the swelling is gone so it looks like the added protein is working, thank you Dr. William.) I just wanted to make sure you know that when I say salad for lunch, I'm not talking about a few leaves of lettuce. I'm talking about 4-5 cups of lettuce plus another 2 cups of raw veggies and a half cup of beans. Plus my home made dressings typically have half an ounce of nuts or seeds (healthy fat) blended up with whole fruit and vinegar. I mean, there are salads, and there are SALADS! Point being, I am not trying to starve myself, I am eating lots of fruit and veggies to make sure I get in lots of antioxidants. Today's dressing was made with strawberries and the dark fruit while delicious does not make a very pretty dressing once it's on the salad. Maybe next time I'll see if a little lemon juice helps the colour ;)

My afternoon shake turned into a sweet creamy treat the consistency of yogurt and I ate it with a spoon. I had blended together half a fresh peach and some of the strawberry puree I had made with a scoop of lean and forgot to add water - it was a nice change and I will do that again, on purpose next time. I did cut up the 2nd half of my peach and lay it out in a baggie to freeze for tomorrow's smoothie; I love trying new things with the Lean!

Strangely, in the afternoon I felt the urge to eat, but recognized it for what it was (not hunger, but self sabotage) and brushed it off. I am counting on Core4 to help me past this mental block I seem to have about getting smaller. I remember years ago after my first child was born a friend and I lost weight together at weight watchers, and when a neighbor told me I was looking thinner I reacted in a panic and began to eat. Over the years I found myself saying to those around me, "thank you but please don't ever say anything to me because it triggers me to eat." Yesterday on a whim I stopped over at a friends I haven't seen in a while in the middle of my bike ride, and when she told me I looked different ... well, it was okay to hear it! No panic, no freaking out, just pleasure at her affirmation of my feeling smaller and stronger. Is this another great side effect? I've heard so many testimonials about better moods, is the Nutrient Fusion of Core4 working medical mysteries on my brain too?

For dinner I let some sun dried tomatoes work their magic on some left over veggie\ bean soup. So rich and decadent while stock full of nutrients. Then later watching TV a little soy cream chocolate sandwich for dessert. Just a small thing, but very satisfying, and no urge to have another, and another until the box was gone .. you know, because they are so small. Nope, just one and happy to have it.

What a good day of food and exercise, and in the middle of it all I was a little bored and wanting something else to do ... yet another good sign for me! I feel like doing things! Thank you Core4.

No comments:

Post a Comment