Click here to find out more

Monday, July 20, 2009

Six Weeks on Core4

I'll update tonight as usual, but in the meantime I couldn't wait to share...195!! Down 3 pounds from last Monday. And another 2" gone too. Whoo hoo!! I haven't weighed this in years :)

I didn't exercise as much this week, that might be part of it; looking back on my log this is the2nd weekend without a competition since I started on product, and the other weekend I worked my butt off moving stuff around for the garage sale. Makes sense to me.

Also, I thought of putting the pizza skins I just picked up at Trader Joe's in the freezer for another time, but I think I would rather let this play out naturally - the idea is to keep eating normally so that is what I'm going to do. I don't need to maximize results, I just need to let the products do their magic. So another week of good results and looking forward to week 7.

I wanted to write about water for a minute. You may have noticed I only record drinking 40oz of water a day. This is because I know I get a lot of additional water from my plant based diet. Plus there is the 6oz of warm water I drink with my flush at night and usually a 3rd 20oz bottle when it's hot that I don't bother to record - the 40oz is a daily minimum. Also, I consume so much less sodium than someone eating the SAD (standard American diet) that I don't need as much water to compensate, I think. Speaking of the 6oz of warm water, that is something I am doing different, sticking to the recommended 6oz instead of my normal 12 or 14oz tea cups, and keeping it warm instead of hot for tea. I'm not sure it makes a difference, but this is a record of what I'm doing ;) And another note on exercise. I realized this morning that I often have my Lean smoothie after my morning walk; I'm guessing that is helping how quickly I am transitioning from fat to muscle.

I've decided to keep my food and exercise journal going at PEERtrainer, it's such a great resource for support and a way to keep accountable. There is a new link on my blog on the top right for anyone interested in what I'm eating each day.

Breakfast was the green smoothie plus Lean that I made yesterday, I love the mornings when all I have to do is reach in the fridge and breakfast is ready! Then my honey fell asleep on the couch - he's been fighting a bug for about a week and finally sucuumbed :( Anyway, I didn't want to wake him up by bustling around in the kitchen so I crept in and grabbed my bottle of Accelerate and a banana. That held me over until he work up at 2pm!! Then I was hungry and wanted to take my time to make a big salad for lunch, so I whipped up a Lean smoothie using vanilla soy milk and applesauce - the person recommending this was right, like apple pie! Then I could take my time putting a nice lunch together and ended up eating it at about 4. lol, a little late fo lunch, but oh well. And I know it sounds weird to smash up an enchilada for salad dressing, but it's full of roasted veggies, spicy and delicious! Plus I added in a quarter cup of sprouted lentils for protein which are chewy and add another layer of flavour and my Cheat sprinkled on top of it all.

While running errands in the morning one of my stops was for groceries, I have been craving kale and was out of cilantro and cauliflower - staples of mine. Anyway, in for a penny in for a pound I picked up a sourdough roll. As much as the kale I wanted something I could really sink my teeth into and CHEW. I'll share the sandwich spread recipe another time, but it's so good and full of nutrition I can't feel guilty about it. So a sandwich for dinner with some Cheat and I was done for the day.

Apollo 11 :: It was so wonderful to watch the new telling of the historic Moon Walk forty years later. I remember some of the images from when I was a little girl (I was 14) and watched it live. Good old Walter Cronkite :) Still full from dinner I didn't even need to snack during that exciting program. Then my warm water and 2 Flush, another hour of TV, and off to another sound night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment