Click here to find out more

Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday

I started this cool morning with a mug of hot chocolate! Into a magic bullet mug I poured a cup of lite soy, a spoonful of my 100% cacao powder and a scoop of Lean. After blending I put the mug into the microwave for a minute and viola! Hot Chocolate! I also had water to take my vitamins and the Accelerate, getting in a couple of cups early is always a good way to break my overnight fast. The chocolate was different but good, and I'll ask if it's okay to heat it up so I can do that again.

Lunch was guacamole ( I have to use up the big bag of Costco avocados before they go bad) on two small corn tortillas that I had crisped up in the microwave, and a small salad of romaine, cauliflower, green onion & carrots with a light Caesar dressing. I put Cheat on everything and took my afternoon Accelerate.

Then in the afternoon I made two green smoothies, both with a scoop of Lean and lots of spinach, banana & blueberries, and they are in bottles in the fridge ready for our drive north. These are the special smoothies, with extra banana and flax meal, that I like to have on competition mornings. They keep me strong till lunch, and it's a great way to have breakfast on the road without fast food. Yuck. I mean, who wouldn't love a sausage biscuit, but they don't love us. Plus I was reading how a liquid breakfast is a great athlete's meal before a competition since it's easily digestible and full of nutrition. Since the blender was already dirty I made my afternoon Lean shake with blueberries, dates & spinach. As always, it was very good; It's so wonderful to have something so sweet and creamy be so good for me.

A big bowl of steamed broccoli and some italian pasta (another Costco purchase that is taking me forever to use up) for dinner (loading up on carbs for tomorrow) with spaghetti sauce spiced up with a section of poblano pepper that I blended with a date. I really love my magic bullet and use it every day for at least one thing or another. Adding a couple of ingredients can make the cheapest bottled spaghetti sauce wonderful. Not that we do that often, it's still too high in sodium usually.

All in all a good day, and I'm ready to hit the road early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment