Click here to find out more

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day Ten

<- Wednesday's Food Log

196.6 :: A glutton for punishment I did get on the scale this morning even after laying in bed amazed at how tight my rings were. But there was a reason. I have one of those scales that measures body fat, but haven't used that function in over a year because ... typical me ... I never got around to changing my age last year. So this morning I picked the scale up, and reset 'my' stats by clicking twice at the age setting and weighed as #1 instead of as a guest. Per the scale this morning my body fat was 47%. How gross is that!?! I looked back on my tracking sheet and when I first bought the scale in January of 2007 I was 53% - it makes me squirm just to think about being more than half fat. Yuck. I know that when I was doing some weight training that Spring getting ready for a week at Surf Camp (which I highly recommend, by the way) they had a Chiropractor bring in her measuring gear, and they said I was 126#'s of lean mass. I somehow find the two measurements out of alignment so to speak. I was 205#'s at the time, so if I'm calculating this right that would have been 79#'s of fat, or about 38.5%. Somewhere the numbers were off about 30#'s. I'm not going to let this make me crazy, I just wanted another benchmark to see change as I lost weight. The scale this morning also said 38% TBW (total body water) which is apparently quite low for normal but expected considering how fat I am per Wikipedia. Not the most reliable source, but the easiest way for me to satisfy a non academic curiosity. So now I have a third gauge of progress; besides inches and total weight lost, I can monitor my percentages of body fat and water. But I am glad the salty leftovers are finally gone, and I can stay away from processed foods for a while.

Breakfast: decided to skip the tablespoon of flaxmeal this morning thinking I could do without the extra calories for a while and used the Lean as a meal replacement; blended up with a peach that needed to be used and water it was quite nice. But upon refreshing myself of the nutrition facts of the flax I saw that it was only 30 calories, so I won't do that again. But the peach was a perfect compliment to the Lean and I will do that again using frozen peaches once the weather heats up.

Lunch: I was so busy in the garage I grabbed another Lean shake, this time blending it with an orange off my tree - also good. But this wasn't enough calories and around 2pm I started zipping in from the garage for snacks while taking breaks to rest my back.

Dinner: I finally made a quick dinner around 7, and instead of 2nds saved half for tomorrow; I guess being able to stick to one serving is the new norm :)

Made another good dent in the garage and still managed to get in my exercise including the bike ride I wanted to add this week. Thank you Accelerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment