Click here to find out more

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gold!

What an exciting weekend of Archery! I've been training for the National Senior Games for about a year now, and really stepped up the shooting over the past couple of months. I started really noticing a difference in my accuracy about a month ago, and I know that it's the Core4 that helped with my strength and endurance to enable this. I started doing push ups as part of my exercise so that I could pull arrows from the target easier, and that extra strength has also helped in holding my arms up when aiming. I just didn't have the energy before starting on Core4 despite my motivation to do well at the Games; I think it really gave me an edge. And even though I was tired yesterday I found myself catching up on all the housework I had let go, having spent my time shooting instead of cleaning. And oops, I forgot to weigh and measure myself yesterday and today so I think I will just wait until the two month mark at this point, coming up on 8/8/09.

So for the competition Saturday & Sunday I started each morning with my green smoothie plus a scoop of Lean and an Accelerate, and then took my 2nd Accelerate each noon with fruit since we didn't stop for lunch until about 2pm. Then off to a big meal, Cheat on mine, and then a little something later for dessert since we didn't really need dinner - which was banana cream pie Sunday night to celebrate our Gold Medals (my honey set a record.) Yes I ate too much pie and yes I used Cheat on both pieces - being careful to drink lots of water too. OOPS, now that I think about it I don't think I used my Flush over the weekend, we were so tired by the time we ate out with friends then drove over an hour home; it was into the hot tub, jammies, dessert and bed!

Nothing really of note in yesterday's food except lunch; I cooked up a batch of sweet potato fries and made a guacamole dip for them and sprinkled the Cheat into that. Delicious. And dinner was one of those little 6" spinach pizza crusts from Trader Joe's with some soy mozzerella and sun dried tomatoes and of course Cheat. Today I need to get some raw greens in, I just didn't take the time to do that over the weekend.

It felt good to get out for a walk yesterday and stretch my legs, and I noticed that my 40 minute walk is more like 35 minutes now. I love feeling stronger and more fit. I love feeling positive about the future and knowing I have this tool, these Core4 products, to help create a better life. And I love how much more positive I am about everything ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment