Click here to find out more

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday Cake and walking

Today was fun, a friend's daughter turned two and we went to celebrate. The morning had gotten away from me and I missed my morning walk, but that was okay - every routine needs a break now and then. At the party I had a tomato sandwich, lots of grapes, chips & watermelon plus a piece of yummy dense cake. And wine, two glasses! I had forgotten to make breakfast so the wine hit me hard and when we came home I was tired and woozy. I lay down for a minute intending to watch a movie and nap, but my Farm Town addiction pulled me to the computer before too long. And then I remembered my Accelerate, so grabbed one from the kitchen and had a big glass of water. An hour later it felt as though I hadn't had any wine at all, my head was clear and I was back to normal. I felt so good that as twilight started to set in I grabbed my iPod and Kaley and off we went for our daily walk after all. I was out of audio books and in my library saw "You on a Walk" and decided what the heck and loaded up the iPod. While the techno dance music didn't do a thing for my appreciation of music, it did keep my feet going at the pace they wanted, and I shaved some time off of my normal route. I think I'll start using this a couple of times a week to make sure I am really walking and not strolling.

And the stretches - OMG! - I never remember to stretch, and as I followed their guidelines I felt how tight my thighs & calves were and how inflexible I was. I don't like what I felt, and I am determined to add stretching to the end of my walks from now on. I think that is a good place for me to start getting ready for Yoga this winter; I want long lean lines! So a good day. Oh, and I made a Green Lean Smoothie for dinner (frozen mango, a little V8 Fusion, two dates, 3oz of fresh spinach and a scoop of Lean) before I left for my walk. It was fun hearing on the audio book how the goal of a healthy body is to build and then maintain lean muscle; I mean, I know this, but using the Lean and knowing that is what it is specifically formulated to do made me feel good about my dinner.

So another good day, my only regret is that I forgot my Cheat to put on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment