Click here to find out more

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chocolate, Green & Lean

I often make green smoothies for breakfast and add in a scoop of Lean, they are sweet and satisfying and keep me full all morning as I have probably mentioned a dozen times. But today I wanted something more, something rich, and the urge was for chocolate. So I still made my usual smoothie but added in 2T of rich dark cocoa powder. My sister had given a plethora of dark chocolate for Christmas last year and so I have a supply in the cupboard. I was delighted to discover that with the Lean in the smoothie I didn't have to add any additional sweetener to the chocolate; it was the perfect rich chocolaty breakfast that I was craving. Thinking about it later, I realize that this was the pre-menopause 'time of month' that I use to crave chocolate - how wonderful to be able to indulge in that craving using the dark cocoa powder that is full of antioxidants without having to add any of the damaging sugar! Yum and hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment