Click here to find out more

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chips and Dip for Lunch


Taking the time to make healthy meals has been a priority for me over the past couple of years, helping me out of a depression and getting me back in the saddle, so to speak. And over the past year home made salads, soups and dressings have become an integral part of my life; I make sure I am eating for nutrition most of the time. I have learned to take the time I need to shop and prepare foods that I know will give me the fuel my body craves, I am worth it (as they say.) But having this good foundation of nutritional knowledge does not keep me from craving foods that are not the best choice for me, and when I can take a favorite and make it healthy I am very happy. Like my lunch today. Chips and dip for lunch, how decadent! But I made the refried beans and they are full of veggies and low in sodium, and the corn chips are baked not fried. I made the guacamole this morning using fresh ingredients and the tomato is from my garden.

Having the Cheat to use with this lunch is great, because I was able to portion out just what I should eat for a serving and know that I would be satisfied instead of reaching back into the bag again ...and again ... and again all afternoon until the chips were nothing more than a few crumbles of corn left in the bottom of the bag! No, I had my beautiful little lunch, drank a glass of water with it, and got busy around the house. Here it is hours later and I have no desire for more even though I love it and it's right there in the kitchen. Of course the Accelerate is a part of that too, helping to curb appetite and keep my energy level high.

I guess what I am trying to say is how wonderful it is to eat foods I love without binging on them - to just enjoy them in moderation and be able to have them in the house. Lets hope this holds true with the peanut butter I just bought yesterday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment