Click here to find out more

Friday, September 18, 2009

Sports & Nutrition

This morning's green smoothie is all about the pineapple. We are leaving for another weekend of archery and I like to use up anything I can out of the fridge before taking off for a couple of days. There was some left over pineapple I had cut up for last weekend's bbq and I knew it wasn't going to last so I threw it in my morning smoothie and it's so very yummy. Somehow citrus and the Lean really compliment each other, I had noticed that with the orange (as has anyone who has made a 50/50 shake with orange juice and some kind of milk -in my case a nut milk- with the Lean) but I am finding that it's also true for lemon, grapefruit and now pineapple.

In addition to breakfast I made two more green smoothies to take with me so that I would have a nutritious breakfast each day before shooting. It makes such a difference in my energy and performance when I drink my breakfast before a competition. For this weekend I blended up frozen spinach, flax meal, fresh kiwi (including the nutrient rich skins)and used up the left over home made lemonade. So a little sweeter than usual (I used raw sugar in the lemonade) and full of micro nutrients. I have noticed a difference in my energy & stamina blending in the Lean to my green smoothies; I stay fuller longer and my energy is more stable too.

Thinking about the Lean, I love that they have micro filtered out the harmful casein from the whey and that the serving of Lean is only 10g of protein. There are too many studies showing the link between high protein and disease for me to discount them, and I want to keep my calories from protein to between five and ten percent of my total intake so I am glad the Lean doesn't overdo it like most shake supplements out there.

So for me planning ahead to do the best I can at the archery tournament means pre-blending my green smoothies with Lean to have ready for breakfast both mornings, taking filtered water to keep hydrated all day, and having my bottle of Cheat in my purse for when we go out to dinner. I am happy to say that we are going to Fat's one night and they have a Southwestern Vegetable Wrap on their menu, I hope it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment