Click here to find out more

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Loose Jeans

Time has just flown by these past two weeks. I was in LA staying with my Mother after her hip surgery when I realized that one, it was October and that two, it was the 8th and I was suppose to be doing my monthly CNI update. I had my camera but not the right work out clothes and I hadn't weighed myself - which wouldn't have mattered anyway since it was the wrong scale. I was half way home the next day driving up highway 5 on that mindless stretch between LA and the Bay Area when my Mom called to say I had forgotten my bag of pans. I had taken them down to make big batches of soup so I could leave her a freezer full of healthy meals. No biggie, I can live without them for a while. But upon arriving home the list of things forgotten had grown to include my camera, ipod, magic bullet and all the accessories (which you know I use every day)and a stack of DVD's. Grrrr. Okay, I can use my blender to make my green smoothies, which is probably the most important thing, and I have another soup pan too. I have been walking at the gym with a friend so even though I miss the ipod for working around the house, I can listen to CD's other ways. Poor Kaylee is the only one missing out because I still find it hard to walk with only my thoughts for company. Mom is going to send the ipod to me on Wednesday when she has a ride to get a padded envelope for mailing it, so I won't have to wait too long to have that back. Everything else will have to wait for my next trip south. I'm hoping I can coordinate that trip with a CNI event since I missed the last one.

So anyway.... we are having our first storm of the season, and I got up this morning and put on JEANS, and they were LOOSE! I expected it, but still, it feels so good. I spent some time yesterday packing away shorts and pulling out sweaters and jeans. Not that I expect to be able to use the shorts next summer. Think of the fun I will have getting rid of them next spring and looking through the smaller sizes I have packed away in the garage. Fun, fun, fun :)

There are so many things to write about this post will probably seem rather scattered, but for those who know me - well, this is not unusual! Also not unusual is that I always head back to the food, so lets just go there now. My week with Mom was good, and I cooked everyday. We started each day with oatmeal & fruit, then lunch was a variety of things; tomatoes stuffed with garbanzo spread, left over dirty rice, dirty potato salad with cauliflower & bean sprouts, and one day she took me out to Rubios - a nice little mexican grill where I had a lovely burrito bowl with a decadent chipotle sauce - and more left overs. Dinners were lentil soup, pot roast (mostly veggies), Mac n Cheese (half and half sharp cheddar and veggie shreds), ginger carrot soup (divine), the a fore mentioned dirty rice and a 2nd rice dish using a sauce packet she had received in her LA Times for Kung Pow Chicken (I used edamame instead of the chicken.) When I left she had about a dozen containers in the freezer and left overs in the fridge, so mission accomplished - she is stocked up on veggies.

Having just had major surgery, Mom would head off to bed each night between 8&9, leaving me in front of the TV just half a dozen steps from the pantry where there were stacks of jars of Peanut Butter and a box of graham crackers. This is why I keep a clean kitchen, if it's there I eat it. So everynight after a day of healthy food and using product, I would snack. Oh, and there was a tin of wonderful little whole grain cookies that I inhaled (and replaced and inhaled again) as well as a glass jar of halloween pumpkins that was short a few when I left. So still a stress eater, and finally home and on my scale I am up 3 pounds. Of course the large fries and orange cream malt that I had for lunch from CJ's on the way home didn't help, or the small veggie pizza I ordered for dinner the next night because I was alone. But as usual after indulging so much I was ready to jump back on the health wagon and yesterday I started Dr. Fuhrman's 5 day cleanse (tons of fruit & greens, nothing processed) in conjunction with my Core4 products and the first pound was gone this morning. I'm sure walking hard at the gym helped too and I expect to see a new low next Monday after a super healthy week. Oh, and one of my Peertrainer buddies caught me online and we are going PB free for a month. I'm also going to stay away from the rest of the nuts during that time, sticking to seeds for my fat, and her online support will be another motivator for me.

So, my kitchen is full of berries, greens and seeds, and last night when I wanted to snack it was wonderful to pull out a big crunchy carrot to gnaw on during my show - I so love it when I can feel good about my food choices and I'm looking forward to hitting the gym again tonight too.

I decided to not stress about the whole camera thing, or missing my monthly picture update. Maybe when my honey gets back from his road trip we'll use his camera to take a 'jeans' picture instead :)

One last thing. I was dusting in the bedroom this morning when I came across a jewelry box that had a bracelet and ring in it that I use to wear all the time. I slipped them on, and I am still enjoying the feeling they gave me. Like I was myself again, like I could remember who I was. Loose jeans, boots and jewelry - and curly hair! I've been making my own shampoo and letting my hair dry into natural curls instead of blowing it dry ... where has this girl been? How did I lose her in the first place? Well, life happened, that's how I lost her. But I am getting her back, and it feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment