Click here to find out more

Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall is finally here

It's raining this morning, and this past weekend I found myself back in the habit of starting the morning with a pot of tea to warm up. Herbal tea, as I'm decaffeinated, and I'm using the Good Earth original blend that is sweet and spicy. Yum. And I discovered something even more yummy, a scoop of Lean and a tiny drizzle of Raw Agave turns this regular cup of tea into a lovely steaming serving of Chai Tea! I just brewed the tea as usual, poured myself a 14 oz mug, and on a whim stirred in the scoop of Lean. It was fine just like that, but adding a tiny bit of sweet really enriched the flavours. I love it when I follow my instincts and it pays off! So I'm happy to have a way to use my Lean in the morning that is warm and easy and yummy. I don't do so well starting every day with hot cereal, the grain seems to set me up for eating later in the evening so I try to keep that down to a once a week treat. Also, yesterday after my new hot breakfast, when I was hungry around 11:30 I made my green smoothie so I would still get in my greens early - important for me to do in order to curb evening cravings. And speaking of evening, what an off food day yesterday! My honey is home sick, on the couch, and as far as he's concerned there is nothing here for him to eat. So I set off to get him some Won Ton soup because that is something I think is wonderful for sore throats. BUT, the Chinese restaurant was closed for lunch and I ended up at the grocery store. They had chow mein and bbq pork at the deli so that was his lunch, and on the way to check out a bag of Spicy Thai Kettle Chips jumped into my basket. So my lunch was a little bit of his chow mein, two bites of pork, and six shakes of Cheat. Then later I had a bowl of my lovely spicy ginger chips, and for dinner finished up the rest of the bag (okay, not a huge bag but not the smallest either.) Crazy bad eating on my part and about 7 I was hungry for real food. I threw a black bean burger in the microwave and once hot I diced it up and topped it with left over slaw from Dr. Fuhrman's recipe (1/2 cup shredded raw cabbage, 1/2 cup shredded raw beets, 1/2 cup shredded raw carrots, 1 up shredded apple, 1/4 cup raisins) and a drizzle each of organic catchup (no HFCS) and mustard. Very delicious, I will do that again. Oh, and of course some Cheat on it too.

I don't know if I have been battling a bug or grief or the change of the season, but this morning I feel more myself and ready to get back to business. The 3 pounds from my LA trip are gone this morning, and it feels good to know I have a date to walk at the gym this evening so I won't miss my aerobic exercise even though it's wet out. It works out great, I call in to CNI's six o'clock conference call to hear the latest testimonies, then head to the gym at 6:30 for an hour of chatting while we walk. I keep the number for the calls posted on the front of the blog, but in case you missed it there are calls every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday at 6pm PST where you can hear about the products, the business and from people who are losing weight. Very inspirational.

Okay, time to start a great week! This is the week for a new low, I can feel it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment