Click here to find out more

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to shooting and blogging

It felt so good to get my bow back in my hands and shoot ten ends for a total of 30 arrows yesterday. Amazing how much shooting incorporates muscles from legs, back, arms and even my feet! Doing something we love for exercise is so important. When I go treadmill walking it's with a friend and we chatter away for the 50 minutes we are walking, and when I shoot it's just me and the target - very zen and a great way to practice internal focus. Speaking of which, I am back to keeping my food & exercise journal updated on PEERtrainer so check out that link over on the right if you want to see today's thoughts on "mind set" and how that helps me.

I realized last night that walking so late in the day (6:30) really revs up my appetite at night, so today I will have a snack before walking instead of dinner and a Lean shake after I get home so I'm not tempted to snack. I mean how sad is that to want to snack while watching Biggest Loser??? Crazy.

It feels good to get some focus back after the Holidays, and I realize now how much I missed both shooting and blogging. It's scary how quickly I succumbed to the pity pool and gave up the very things that make me feel good.

Time to go shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment