Click here to find out more

Friday, January 8, 2010

Archery

I love archery. I love the apparent contradictions that are actually enhancements, because form without power and visa versa would be nothing in this sport. But holding so much kinetic energy in your hands, and relaxing into good posture in order to release that energy accurately enough to propel your arrow into the center of the target, well, its exhilarating.

Lunch today was so yummy; sauteed red onion and yellow squash. Onions and squash just go together, becoming sweeter as they soften together in the pan, and complimenting each other to become something better. I did use a little olive oil so the onions would slowly caramelize and get super sweet - an important element of this dish - but it's okay because I had my Cheat to sprinkle on once it was all in my bowl. I think that of all the cool things I've heard about Cheat, to me the most important aspect is that it targets macro nutrients to pass calories through and out of the body and not the micro nutrients. So I'm not so worried about the olive oil in lunch today, I figure that's what the Cheat is targeting and leaving all the wonderful nutrition for the fuel my body needs.

I'm planning on another salad this afternoon before going to walk and then a Lean shake for dinner after walking; that worked really well yesterday. And I think that's when the Lean works most efficiently, right after you exercise and your body is looking for those amino acids to repair muscles and build lean tissue after you've broken some down. No temptation to snack last night either - hoo rah!

No comments:

Post a Comment